Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Valentines Day Update

Monday night I made a mascarpone cheesecake. What's a mascarpone? It's italian cream cheese. It's triple whipped, so it's lighter and fluffier. The cows are fed only sweet grasses and some herbs to make them produce sweet, non-bitter tasting cheeses. I made the crust out of almond-hazelnut biscotti instead of graham crackers. You know what? IT CAME OUT AWESOME, f'real.

(this picture came up when I google image searched for "eat cheesecake" and I couldn't NOT use it. ROBOT DOG WITH FLAMETHROWING NOSE!! What could be more awesome??) (answer: robot dog with Free Money-Blow Job Nose!)

I put the chicken in the spicy brine on Monday night also so that it would be ready by Tuesday afternoon. When I showed up to work on Tuesday morning, I found someone else there doing my job... then I looked at the schedule and saw that I was scheduled to work from 2pm to 9:30pm. Ugh.

I went home and made a card for Rich and then went to teach my Tuesday afternoon class. Afterwards was a staff meeting, and then I cleaned up around the yoga center. I was supposed to work the desk, but my manager is about 7 months pregnant and started waning... She arranged for someone else to work the desk for me so that I could teach her classes, and this arrangement let me leave around 7 pm. Dinner was back on, woot!

The card I made had a pig on the front, and it said "OUR LOVE IS LIKE PORK"; the inside said "SALTY, DELICIOUS, AND UNCLEAN IN THE EYES OF THE LORD". Cute!

Rich put the chicken in the roaster along with the veggies (onions, golden C potatoes, baby carrots, white mushrooms) and it was done around 8pm. So we had roast chicken with vegetables, then sat for a while, then mascarpone cheesecake. Mmm, it was lovely.
I gave him the card, he laughed. He gave me a card, and inside it had a bunch of flower seeds (I love to grow things, that's a little known fact) and an iTunes gift card.

Downloaded last night:

Stevie Nicks: Stand Back, Edge of Seventeen.
Mary J Blige: Sweet Thing, I'm goin' down, Not Gon' Cry, Overjoyed
Tori Amos: Father Figure (original artist: George Michael), Like A Prayer (original artist: Madonna)

As you can tell, I rock out old school. So old school in fact, that all the girls wear bonnets and when you get in trouble in class it's because Nelly Olson told on you. If you have no idea what that means, then YOU ARE DEAD TO ME.

© 2005 CH

2 Comments:

Blogger ChiliGurl said...

Gurl, your love makes me say GURL, gurl! ;-)

11:00 AM PST  
Blogger Chuck H said...

HAHAHAH! dang, I almost forgot about that wav, gurl!

11:09 AM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home